I had my interview with UT last Friday. I think it went well. You always walk away, wishing you had done some things differently. I definitely wish I was more specific in some of my experiences. It’s hard to think of work experiences and life experiences and relating them to the questions. But overall, it was a very casual interview. The woman I met with was kind and warm and tentative. I definitely appreciated her demeanor. I mean, it was 330 on a Friday. I’m sure we both just wanted to have a cocktail during this absolutely beautiful day – it was gorgeous out. When we wrapped up, I told her I would be going to an information brunch session the following Saturday and she said, she would be there as well. So, it’ll be nice to see her outside of the interview. She seemed like an interesting person.
Anyways, I wanted to post the questions I could recall from the interview, as help to anyone else. My interviewer was asking the questions off the top of her (no list), so this isn’t like an exact list of what you’ll get or anything, but it helps to know what kind of questions are typically asked.
- Walk me through your resume.
- Who is someone you look up to?
- What do you want to do while getting your MBA? What do you want to immediately afterwards?
- Name a situation of when you solved a problem in the workplace.
- What are some of your hobbies and interests outside of work?
- How do you deal with stress?
- What would your supervisors say about you?
- What is your biggest career accomplishment?
- Did you not like Finance?
- Have you ever worked on a team with someone who doesn’t pull their weight? How did you deal with it?
- What are you hoping to gain from your classmates?
- What will your classmates gain from you?
- What do your work hours look like?
- Are there are courses that stood out to you as interesting?
- What did you want to be when you were a kid?
- Do you have any questions for me?
- Did you attend UT?
- Have you always lived in Austin?
- What has your career been like?
So, hopefully that is kind of helpful. I didn’t get any of the crazy questions that I was stressing out about. I’m, of course, eagerly awaiting results, but it’ll be some time, so I just need to focus on other things until then. Not hard to do with a busy schedule. =)